While the interaction between citizens and the government, civil rights, and the concepts of civil life quality has been under increasing consideration by the intellectuals and scholars in political, management, legal, and social sciences, the role of quality in this interaction has never been of great concern.
An active citizen is a participating individual, for whom the future of civil life and working environment where he lives is of a high priority, and attempts to further lead this way to happiness and well-being through his active and voluntarily participation.
Civil rights is a privilege granted to any person who is a full-fledged member of the society.
All such people possess equal positions and rights, and duties and responsibilities proportionate to those positions.
Civil rights indicate the relations between citizens, as well as their relations with public organizations, and should thus be known as a special interpretation of “civil rights” in general.
Different approaches to civil rights: The concept of civil rights has developed into a technically broad notion that includes any action that leads to physical and mental composure and growth.
Therefore, civil rights are a part of the broad and rooted rights known as human rights.
Civil Culture Indices:
Civil culture is defined as the principles governing civil behavior.
Many discussions about differences among city residents, the urbanized, and citizens (in its specific sense) originate from this issue.
High levels of civil culture quality mean high quality for the majority of living quality indices.
Civil Rights Indices:
Civil rights have different dimensions, categorized into three by some western scholars:
Civil, political, and social dimensions
The civil dimension includes the crucial rights for individual liberties, freedom of speech, religion, thought, and other individual liberties.
The political dimension includes citizens' rights to participate in political power enforcement, whether as a power agent or as a voter. The social dimension includes a wide range of basic rights of social security and welfare.
1- Law Abidance:
To follow and respect the law; people's participation in encouraging each other to obey the law
2 - Civil Participation:
Participation in public decision-making
3 - Social Participation:
Safeguarding moral health of the society
In this respect, attention to the following priorities is recommended:
- Removing monopoly and exclusion in assigning projects and importance of competition in this field (civil equalization);
- Removing obstacles in transparency of information and paving the way for its circulation in line with equal access to the information on projects in hand for investment, etc.;
- Institutionalizing legal sovereignty through in-house training and cultural activities on civil rights;
- Improving job security with an approach to preventing teamwork capacity waste through efficient use of specialties and its application for the interests of all citizens (civil equalization);
- Establishing a fundamental and structural campaign against administrative, government, and executive corruption, and blocking the channels of economic rents and prevalent favoritisms;
- Creating synergy between social capitals and meritocracy in distribution of positions and opportunities, employing collective wisdom and making proper use of the experiences of competent experts and successful and experienced executives;
- Forming specialized councils, screening projects, and reviving civil thinking;
- Considering capability of department personnel and commencing corrective measures;
- Reviving civil thinking, and organizing the management of fundamental projects (highways, freeways, railways, and roads), as well as screening projects transparently for public benefits;
- Abiding with the law and propagating its culture;
- Pursuing and supervising proper enforcement of rules and regulations;
- Establishing an organizational structure proportionate to the missions of the department subdivisions, both general and specific;
- Coordinating and interacting with departments and authorities inside and outside of the organization in accordance with the rules and regulations;
- Utilizing information technology (IT) and organizational automation, with an approach to electronic administration development;
- Specifying and delegating of transferable activities (subject to Article 44 of I.R. of Iran Constitution) in order to promote government sovereignty enforcement (privatization);
- Respecting civil rights, preparing and distributing a charter of clients' rights, and respecting and responding to clients' legal issues (including the organization personnel and others (contractors));
- Conforming performance with objectives, plans, and policies;
- Having an operational plan proportionate to missions, duties, and authorities;
- Establishing legal statistics and database for the working personnel (managers, employees, and consultants), as well as claims, properties, contracts, etc.;
- Encouraging and promoting competent and efficient managers and employees properly;
- Considering and pursuing the affairs related to respecting people and clients, and observing civil rights;
- Taking IT measures in order to improve and maximize the efficiency of management systems (decision-making, etc.), promote the department capability to render wide-ranging, rapid, reliable, and ongoing services to clients, as well as proper interaction with people;
- Identifying hardware, software, support and security requirements of the computer system;
- Preparing and developing the planning and budget system;
- Designing the planning framework for all levels of the Company; and
- Planning for the identification of national and provincial credit requirements in order to expedite the completion of projects.
For the purpose of reviving civil thinking, the vital mission of this department is to develop and implement regulations to promote security, welfare, quality of services, and citizens' rights protection (including employees, contractors, consultants, and project managers).
Therefore, it is recommended that social justice, civil rights, and accountability indices be taken into account while designing and reviewing all operational policies and processes.
We hope that all citizens would receive what they deserve through the prudent measures of the Government of Moderation and Hope.